Hi Tennis Canberra Family,
With a major update from our Local and Federal Governments on Sunday March 22nd we want to be clear that the current status on Tennis Canberra programs will be fluid and can change on short notice.
Most Tennis Canberra Programs will continue for now. However, we will be adjusting some classes and competitions as some of our coaches are going back to their interstate residences before State boarders close.
We understand that everyone will have their own opinion on this matter but we will continue to comply with the measures currently put in place by our Federal and State Governments.
We encourage everyone to do what is best for them and their family and to please respect everyone’s personal decisions.
Tennis Australia has announced tennis is a low risk activity: it is outdoors, non-contact and social distancing can be achieved.
Our goal while we are on court is to help people stay physically fit and emotionally healthy. The Tennis Canberra team will put health first and understand if you do not feel comfortable with being on court at this present time do not stress – we will place your program on hold and you can use this as credit when you are ready to return,
Please read all the program information and points as they will be relevant to you.
Group Lessons – Adults & Junior Lessons
- Reducing the number of players in each class to 4-6 per coach (transitional period March 23-29th)
- Additional classes will be held to achieve this ratio plus help us rearrange classes as 2 of our coaches have gone back to their interstate homes to be with family before the state boarders close.
Tuesday & Wednesday Social Doubles & Social Singles
ACT TEAM TENNIS & KIDS HOT SHOTS MATCH PLAY
HOLIDAY PROGRAM – April 6-9th (Week 1) & April 14-17th (Week 2)
- Tennis Canberra plans to hold our April Camps, adding an additional day to both programs
- Small groups (6-8 players) will be applied both on and off court
- Limited spots available CLICK HERE TO RESERVE A SPOT
SCHOOL PICK UP PROGRAM – More information to come
- Monday March 23 North Ainslie Walk will go ahead as planned (e-mail has been sent – reply if your kid is not attending)
- Walks on and after Tuesday March 24th is pending the final announcement on optional attendance of school for the rest of the term (stay tuned as our local and federal government as different messages at present)