The next generation junior tennis players need a specialised training environment to harness their full potential. Our Qualified Tennis Australia Coaches and University Sport Study Graduates have the knowledge and the experience to nurture developing tennis players into tennis superstars.
We have centralised our Development Squads to the North and South Regions of Canberra so players will be training alongside the top players on their side of town. Players must be currently playing Junior Development Series (JDS), Junior Tour (JT) Events or weekly ACT Junior/Adult Pennant competitions.
Junior Development Squads
- Specialised training blocks for a group of 3 to 4 juniors players
- 2 sessions a week in a 4-week block (to be arranged with a coach and other group members)
Each 4-week program will be designed to master the feet-up concept.
- Week 1: Ready Step & Neutral Footwork Moves
- Week 2: Transitional & Defensive Footwork Moves
- Week 3: Outside Ball & Recovery Step
- Week 4: Live Ball & Tactical Application
- Targeted for players 10-14 years old
- Players should all be a similar level (recommended)
- Cost: $400/program/player (3 to 4 players)
Junior High Performance Program
- Private sessions by Tennis Australia & ATPCA Certified Coaches
- 3 sessions a week in a 3-week block (to be arranged with a private coach)
- 2 x 1.5 hour sessions
- 1 x 1-hour session
Each program will be individually designed to optimise strengths and negate weaknesses of the player.
- Week 1: Attention to Detail & Discipline
- Week 2: Volume & Intensity
- Week 3: Tactical application
- Targeted for players 10-16 years old
- Players who regularly play local and interstate competitions
- Due to the increase in volume and intensity, the athlete should not commit to a training-block if suffering from an injury
- Most session will be conducted before school hours
- Cost: $720/program