Our professional coaching team is built off energy, hard work and passion. We respect everyones lifestyle, goals and aspirations. Most tennis academies have a hierarchy with the Head Coach calling the shots. Initially this is great for the development of coaching principals and teaching methods, however this practice limits the growth of the young coach as it does not empower the individual.
Our family philosophy is in place at Tennis Canberra as I was that coach who wasn’t able to explore and do things to suit my personality. The team would go on court for a session then all head home – to do it again the next day. Something I found extremely boring after a while. Now our coaches work on projects together and hangout in social situations with our players both on and off the court.
I give the challenge to those out there who have a passion for tennis. Whether you want to teach casually or make it a permanent fixture our tennis family can empower you to reach any coaching goals. We have opportunities for those who want to manage a tennis club to those wanting to learn this rewarding trade.
Our experience coaches will act as a mentor plus note any creative ideas you may have. At the end of the day we work as a team to build a tennis community we all can be apart of.
Tennis Canberra continues to give opportunities for up and coming coaches to make a career in the the tennis industry.
With the structures to grow the Tennis Canberra brand, we highly encourage coaches who want to make a career out of tennis to talk to our coaching staff.
Our flexible part-time & causal coaching positions are perfect for university students or those who enjoy coaching as a hobby.
For more information or to apply for a coaching position please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Coach Education – Become a Tennis Coach
Tennis Canberra delivers various tennis coach qualifications for profession accreditation through ATPCA. Course dates for ACT and other states can be found on the ATPCA website and course can be held through expression of interest.
For more information about attaining your coach accreditation email email@example.com
Head Coach: Tennis Canberra is looking for a confident tennis coach who is capable of running group and private classes for adults and kids. To qualify for a full-time role you will need:
- Have a Tennis Australia or ATPCA Coaching Certification and associated insurances or be looking to attain one within the next 3-months
- Access to a vehicle as you will be between multiple venues throughout the week
- The ability to implement strategies to grow and maintain student participation
- Have an ABN (Australian Business Number)
- 3-Years coaching experience (preferred)
Are you a tennis operator in Canberra or in the ACT region. Tennis Canberra is the Capital’s tennis brand and we welcome operators to join under the Tennis Canberra banner.
- Marketing and Advertising: Tennis Canberra in number 1 in organic search engine hits for any tennis related searches in Canberra.
- Resources: Many coaches are limited to the professional staff and assistant coaches. Tennis Canberra have a coaching database to maximise coaching programs
- Flexibility: We invite all major stakeholders to help mould the Tennis Canberra brand. Tennis Canberra respects everyones ideas and aspirations. We are open to new ideas and directions.