Summer 2019 Social Doubles Competition Information
- Tuesday February 12th (8-week comp)
- Friday February 8th or when our player limited has exhaustedEnd Date
- Will finish approximately 8-10 weeks after the season launch. Each season will see 7-8 rounds scheduled. No matches will be played during the school holidays and any rainouts will postpone any fixtures to the following week.
Play 3 Fast 4 Sets
Set 1 – Play a standard Fast 4 Set + Basic Rules
- Short Deuce Games – 0, 15, 30, 40 & game (no advantage points)
- Start each game on the right side
- If the score is Deuce (40-all) the returning team can choose which side to start the point
- Change ends when set game score equals an odd number (1, 3, 5, 7)
- Play a tie-breaker at 3-games-all (first to 5 points) – Player 1 (team 1), players 2 (team 2) & player 3 (team 1) serves 2 points in this order. Player 4 (team 2) serves 3 points – if necessary.
Second Set – Advantage Set – 15-love
- The team who loses the first set is 15-love or love-15 for every game in the second
- Start of each game on the left side (you pretend you have played the first point)
- If the set goes to a tie-break (3-games-all) you start the tie-break as normal (0-0)
Third Set – 2 Situations
- If the score is 1-set-all, start each game at 15-all (start each game on the right)
- If one team is up 2-sets-to-love, the team that is on love-sets will have a 15-love advantage for all games in the third set (start each game on the left)
Third Serve – For Starter/Beginner Division
- We may activate a third serve rule for lower starter/beginner pools
- 6pm, 6:15pm, 7pm or 8pm
We understand some players struggle to make certain times. We advise if you are going to sign up you are able to make at least a 7pm session and either 6pm & 8pm. We will do our very best to schedule you at your preferred time however we do ask you to be flexible from week to week.
- *$15/round + $10 Comp Fee per player
*Multiplied by number of rounds in the season (typically 7-9 rounds pending sign up). Lightning Comps run for 5-weeks.
The first question we get asked is what if I don’t have a partner?
- 50% of players sign up individually and we’ll pair you up with a partner!
If you do have a partner…
- Sign up individually and be sure to let us know who you would like to play with.
- Season Comps: 2 Grading Rounds, 5 Round Robin Pool Matches + 1 Finals Week
- Lightning Comps: 5-Week Round Robin Pool Matches
- 3-Fast4 Sets (Tie-Breaker at 3-all)
- 15-love (0-15) handicap for the team down in match sets
- 15-all start if set score is 1-set-each
Don’t stress if you don’t understand these rules. All rules will be explained during the first round. We’ve tinkered with the rules of the years to maximise the social competition aspect of tennis.