Upcoming Season Launch – 2019 Summer Season
- South Canberra Competition: Tuesday October 22nd (Grading week 1),
– November 5th (Pool Round 1)
- Canberra City & North Canberra Competition: Wednesday October 23rd (Grading week 1), November 6th (Pool Round 1)
- Please try to sign up before Monday October 21st (subject to availability)
- Final call New Players (Oct 23rd-Oct31st): All players can join in Grading Week 1 or 2 (subject to availability)
- Final Call November 1st-4th: Only past & current Tennis Canberra coaching & competition players can join in this period (subject to availability)
- The competition will finish approximately 7-10 weeks after the season launch. Each season will see 8 rounds scheduled (2 grading rounds, 6 pool rounds & finals round). No matches will be played during the school holidays and any rainouts will postpone any fixtures to the following week.
- Barton Tennis Club: 45 Telopea Park, Barton
- Old Parliament House Tennis Club: King George Terrace, Parkes
- Wesley Tennis Club (adj Telopea Park School): Corner of Dominion Circuit & New South Wales Crescent, Forrest
Canberra City & North Canberra
- Turner Tennis Club: 49 Condamine St, Turner
- Reid Tennis Club: Dirrawan Gardens, Reid
- 6pm, 7pm or 8pm
We understand some players struggle to make certain times. We advise if you are going to sign up you are able to make at least a 7pm session and either 6pm & 8pm. We will do our very best to schedule you at your preferred time however we do ask you to be flexible from week to week.
- *$15/round + $10 Comp Fee per player ($130/player – 8 weeks)
Play 3 Fast 4 Sets
Set 1 – Play a standard Fast 4 Set + Basic Rules
- Short Deuce Games – 0, 15, 30, 40 & game (no advantage points)
- Start each game on the right side
- If the score is Deuce (40-all) the returning team can choose which side to start the point
- Change ends when set game score equals an odd number (1, 3, 5, 7)
- Play a tie-breaker at 3-games-all (first to 5 points) – Player 1 (team 1), players 2 (team 2) & player 3 (team 1) serves 2 points in this order. Player 4 (team 2) serves 3 points – if necessary.
Second Set – Advantage Set – 15-love
- The team who loses the first set is 15-love or love-15 for every game in the second
- Start of each game on the left side (you pretend you have played the first point)
- If the set goes to a tie-break (3-games-all) you start the tie-break as normal (0-0)
Third Set – 2 Situations
- If the score is 1-set-all, start each game at 15-all (start each game on the right)
- If one team is up 2-sets-to-love, the team that is on love-sets will have a 15-love advantage for all games in the third set (start each game on the left)
Third Serve – For Starter/Beginner Division
- We may activate a third serve rule for lower starter/beginner pools
The first question we get asked is what if I don’t have a partner?
- 50% of players sign up individually and we’ll pair you up with a partner!
If you do have a partner…
- Sign up individually and be sure to let us know who you would like to play with.
- 2 Grading Rounds, 5 Round Robin Pool Matches + 1 Finals Week
- 3-Fast4 Sets (Tie-Breaker at 3-all)
- 15-love (0-15) handicap for the team down in match sets
- 15-all start if set score is 1-set-each
Don’t stress if you don’t understand these rules. All rules will be explained during the first round. We’ve tinkered with the rules of the years to maximise the social competition aspect of tennis.
February 12th – April 10th
May 7th – June 26th
August 13th – September 25th
October 22nd – December 11th