Play for a Canberra Junior Tennis Team
Junior Team Tennis is the Canberra’s team based tennis competition for kids ages 7 – 16. This team format allows players to represent a region of the ACT with each match counting towards their teams weekly score.
Enter with a few school or club friends and compete against juniors from around the in the ACT.
Tennis Canberra Teams
- Canberra City – Ainslie, Braddon, Campbell, O’Connor, Turner & Reid
- North Canberra – Suburbs of Belconnen & Gungahlin plus Dickson, Downer Lyneham, Hackett & Watson
- South Canberra – Suburbs of Inner South Canberra
- Canberra Valley – Suburbs of Molonglo Valley, Weston Creek, Woden & Tuggeranong
Which Team Can I Play For?
Players can choose a team under the following circumstances:
- Live in that region
- Go to school in that region
- Play or a member of a tennis club in that region
- Special Rules for the Inaugural Team Tennis Season*
*We encourage players to register for their local team however for the Inaugural Team Tennis Season our coaches may ask players to play for another team to create a fun and fair playing environment. We will do our best to keep players who train together or who are friend in the same team. As this competition continues we will start asking players to play for their region to create some team pride!
Team Make Up – 12 Players – All Levels – Play With Your Friends!
- Level: Yellow (Ranking 1-4)
- Level: Green (Ranking 5-8)
- Level: Orange/Red (Ranking 9-12)
Players will be ranked based on coaches judgement through tennis training or during the week 1 training week. We recommend that players only enter if they are able to play a match on a Full Court or 3/4 Court.
Every game, every set, every match counts!
Players will play 3 matches: one singles match and two a doubles set with each team mate. All matches will be 1 Fast 4 Set.
- Day: Saturday
- Where: Canberra Tennis Clubs – View Draw
- Time: 11:30am (Red/Orange), 12:30 (Green) & 1:30pm (Yellow)
- All Players will receive an Offical Tennis Canberra Team Players Shirt
- Intro Training & Grading Week
- Round 6 Matches
- Games Day, BBQ & Presentation Week