Play for a Canberra Junior Tennis Team
Junior Team Tennis is Canberra’s team based tennis competition for kids ages 7 – 18. This team format allows players to represent a region of the ACT with each match counting towards their teams weekly score.
Enter with a few school or club friends and compete against juniors from all over the ACT.
ACT Junior Tennis Teams
Tennis Canberra Teams
- Canberra City – Ainslie, Acton, Braddon, City, Campbell, Reid & Russell
- North Canberra – Suburbs of Belconnen & Gungahlin plus Dickson, Downer, Lyneham, Hackett, Hall, O’Connor, Turner & Watson
- South Canberra – Suburbs of Inner South Canberra
- Canberra Valley – Suburbs of Molonglo Valley, Weston Creek, Woden & Tuggeranong plus Googong*, Jerrabomberra*, Queanbeyan* & Tharwa.
*NSW Regions are welcome to join
Which Team Can I Play For?
Players can choose a team under the following circumstances:
- Live in that region (see below)
- Go to school in that region
- Play or a member of a tennis club in that region
- Special Rules for the Inaugural Team Tennis Season*
*We encourage players to register for their local team however for the Inaugural Team Tennis Season our coaches may ask players to play for another team to create a fun and fair playing environment. We will do our best to keep players who train together or who are friend in the same team. As this competition continues we will start asking players to play for their region to create some team pride!
12 Players – All Levels – Play With Your Friends!
- Level: Yellow (Ranking 1-3)
- Level: Green (Ranking 4-6)
- Level: Orange (Ranking 7-9)
Players will be ranked based on coaches judgement through tennis training or during the week 1 training week. We recommend that players only enter if they are able to play a match on a Full Court or 3/4 Court.
Every game, every set, every match counts!
- Players will play 3 matches: One singles match and two a doubles matches with two of their team mates
- All matches will be *timed Fast 4 set
*Matches will start on the whistle and matches will finish after the set or after 15 minutes when the final whistle will be blown.
- All Players will receive an Offical Tennis Canberra Team Players Shirt
- Training & Grading Week
- 6 Rounds
- Final Week Game Day, BBQ & Presentation
*Payment will be made during the Training Week
Team Tennis is supported by ANZ Hot Shots Match Play
Round 1: November 3rd @ Turner Tennis Club
- South Canberra def. North Canberra 51 – 36
- Canberra City def. Canberra Valley 43 – 35
Round 2: November 10th @ Barton Tennis Club
- South Canberra vs. Canberra Valley
- North Canberra vs. Canberra City
- Old Parliament House Tennis Club
- Barton Tennis Club
- Wesley Tennis Club (Forrest)