Updated: 9:30am March 20th
To our Tennis Canberra Family,
Although I have completed a Higher Education Degree in Public Health, I do not have the experience or the knowledge to advise anyone during a World-wide Pandemic. With this background, myself and the Tennis Canberra team are not taking this situation lightly and we remain fluid in our action plans to assist the containment of COVID-19 in the ACT and Australia.
We understand Tennis Australia (TA) has cancelled tennis events and leagues. However, TA’s advice at a club level remains the decision of the club operator/coach.
All Tennis Canberra coaching and competition programs are at a club level, therefore Tennis Canberra will make decisions on tennis coaching, camps and competitions directly.
Tennis Australia has issued a set of COVID-19 community guidelines. As we continue to implement the latest information, we ask for your patience and understanding as decisions can be made on short notice.
Our team will act on the more conservative side adding additional protocols where necessary and adapting any new guidelines from higher authorities.
Travel or Illness – Please stay at home… You can do makeups but cannot reverse transmission
- If you or any members of your household have returned from overseas travel, we ask that you do not attend any scheduled tennis session (lessons or competition) for 14-days from arrival
- If you are unwell in any shape or form, we ask you to stay home and not attend lessons or competitions for 14-days
Hygiene… Wash and limit interaction
- We ask all players to maintain a high level of hygiene. Regular washing hands with soap is the best prevention for transmission. We ask players to use the club toilet to wash hands before and after play.
- Our coaches will reduce the amount of equipment used on court and restrict unnecessary use of any coaching equipment aids for players. This includes cones, buckets, ball tubes.
- Coaches will have wipes and hand sanitising bottles to use if required
- No borrowing of racquets will be allowed. We can arrange a hire racquet or new racquet for you if you do not have one currently
- No handshakes, hi-five’s or any hand contact will not be allowed during coaching or competition
- Students in classes will remain a suitable distance between each other. At a minimum 150cm.
- Players waiting off court for their lesson or match should remain in small groups keeping at least 150cm away from each other
We welcome comments and feedback from our tennis family. However, we will continue to strictly adhere to the guidelines from higher authorities and experts in the field that will help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
If you have any questions please do not to call Robbie on 0416 186 121 or e-mail email@example.com
Continue to wash your hands and happy hitting,
Director of Tennis Canberra